Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Blog Post 1

Responses by friends and colleagues in regard to discovering my enrollment in Microcomputing Systems this summer: 
"Oh dear god...EDM 310 made me cry!"
"Prepare for a ton of busy work..."
"It is an absolute ridiculous course. Our generation already knows how to use 98% of the items taught in that class."
Needless to say, I am entering the course with a slightly pessimistic outlook; however, I am hopeful that I will acquire techniques and integrate them into the classroom as a music educator. My main concern is time management between the required work within this class and the two other education courses I am taking this summer. As long as I stay focus and attempt to work ahead, I should do relatively well. 

Before this semester, I had never taken a class centered around technology. Most of the courses I was required to be in were based on performing/stage presence, foreign language/diction, and analyzing/interpreting music so this is an unique experience for me. The obstacle I will have to overcome with EDM 310 is staying "on track" with all of the projects. I plan on turning in the coursework before its due date, as well as keeping a fast pace, to ensure that I have plenty of time in completing all required documents. I currently do not have any questions pertaining to the class. If I do find an issue, I will contact the professor or lab assistants. 


Unknown Sunset

2 comments:

  1. Ninety-eight percent? Wow! Higher than ever.

    Stay ahead and everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Victoria i agree with you,I have never took a class centered around so much technology. I also heard the stories about the work load in EDM310. I believe if we are consistnet in our work we will make it through this rough summer. Great post keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete